De volgende componenten zijn aanwezig in Thinapp.
- Dll_dump.exe shows all of the applications captured with VMware ThinApp that are running on the PC.
- Open_source_licenses shows the copyrights and licenses for open-source software components distributed by VMware ThinApp.
- Setup Capture.exe is the VMware ThinApp wizard tool used for capturing an application.
- Tlink.exe links the ThinApp runtime into the ThinApp package during the build process.
- Vmw.lic contains the VMware ThinApp license number.
- ConfigDump is a DLL that takes a snapshot of the user’s system for use by support personnel. This snapshot contains information about the operating system, the hardware, registry keys, processes, event logs, etc.
- Log_monitor.exe is a troubleshooting utility that generates a readable log file from a captured application as it runs.
- Sbmerge.exe updates applications once they are captured by merging runtime changes from the sandbox back into the existing project.
- Snapshot.exe is the utility that Setup Capture uses to look at the file system and registry of the computer. This is for the pre-install scan and post-install scan. Snapshot can also compare the two scans.
- Thinreg.exe creates the Start menu and desktop shortcuts, sets up file associations, and adds uninstall information that can be executed from the Control Panel.
- Vftool.exe is the virtual system compiler that is used during the build process.
- Vregtool.exe is ThinApp’s virtual registry compiler and exporter that is used during the build process.
- This concludes the Installing VMware ThinApp demonstration. Click the Play button on the main toolbar to continue.
Stappen plan voor packagen :
In Step 1, Setup Capture will perform a pre-install scan of your capture machine.
In Step 2, you will install and configure the application you want to virtualize. For example, you can download the Mozilla Firefox Setup.exe installer from the Mozilla Firefox web site, and then install the Mozilla Firefox on clean PC you are using to capture applications. After the application is installed, you are ready to move to step 3.
In Step 3, Setup Capture performs a post-install scan. During this process, Setup Capture takes another snapshot of the system registry, file system, and other environmental attributes. This snapshot compares this snapshot with the snapshot taken in Step 1 and stores the file system differences into the virtual file system and the registry differences into the virtual registry.
In Step 4, Setup Capture configures your package based on the user accessible entry points that you select. Your entry points are executable files that launch your virtual applications. In this step, you will also select the Active Directory groups that you want to authorize, select a sandbox location, select a folder location to store your project, select the type of compression you want for this project, and select the isolation mode.
In Step 5, Setup Capture will build and save the virtual application package file.
Next we will cover these steps in more detail in the Using Setup Capture to Capture an Application Guided Tour.